Super cross selling to boost sales and search ranking!
I have always wanted to do this, but never found the time for it, but this time I know I HAVE to do it. I have been working hard to help many of our clients to boost sales as well as increasing their rankings on search engines and I found the ultimate weakness of the current XSell system for Zencart:
- It is manual labor work, and very time consuming. Many of my clients have stores that reach hundreds of thousands of products. It is almost impossible to cross sell manually.
- It is based on the store owners’ assumption (you assume customers want to see X if they are checking Y)
So I want to create a whole new cross sell module that would take into account many many things:
- Using matching score, each product will have a match score against other products
- Matching product titles and description to find similarity
- Taking into account orders (just like the “also purchased” module currently works)
- Taking into account customers’ view behavior (which products the customers viewed before the current product?)
- Taking into account searches and related searches by tracking customers’ searches
- Taking into account product tags assigned by store owners and customers
Obviously, this is a bunch of work and has to be developed one by one, so I’m thinking of breaking it down to several smaller modules
- Tag module: allowing store owners and customers entering tags, allowing filtering and searching by tags. This will be based on the concept found here.
- Search module: tracking users’ searches
- The finally, the new Cross Sell module with the concept based on YARPP.
Now what do you think? Is there any feature worth adding (or throwing away)? Also, obviously this huge module will need financial support since I don’t have the ability to get funds from various merchants like the Zencart team. So the chance is high that it will be sold as an open-source commercial module to fund the continuous development of this module. If so, will you support it?
Obviously, your comments/advices will help me a long way in achieving this.
Make sure you subscribe to RubikIntegration Feed to get updated with the progress!