New Zencart/ZenMagick Admin UI
By February 2nd, 2011 | Zencart|
As you may know already, we are working on the new admin UI, and we have 2 great news for you:
1. We are revising our design to make it even friendlier, we would really appreciate it if you can review and give us comments and advices on the design
2. The new admin ui will be coded for ZenMagick, but it might be possible to use for Zencart as well.
- home-1.png: this file shows the new admin UI concept. First of all, we want to group everything under a “Start” just like Windows. Each important link has hotkey. At the bottom of the box, you can see a search box: since the menu can grow huge with tons of links this search box will help the users to quickly locate the link they need. On the right hand side of the header navigation bar are the links to the catalog, help and quick search (please view quick-search.png)
- home-2.png is another variation
- quick-search.png: users can search for orders/products/customers using the quick search link.
You can view the current design here: http://dev.zenmagick.org/projects/zenmagick/wiki/ScratchPad (please scroll to the bottom of the page)
I like the black menu in home-2.png – pops more.
Like the hot keys functionality but IMO they should be underlined on the first or hot key letter letter like windows and not a separate (q) format. Like for Help just underline H and don’t put (h)
Can we have a USA flag too? Like the buttons but it might be nice to have different color buttons than the blue you are using for the rest of the layout. might make them pup out more like the Delete button does. Will the ‘Images’ Link in the Edit product section allow the user to upload multiple photos?